
Write down a guiding question for one of the short stories we've read. Or say why you think someone else's guiding question would work well as a guiding question. Then you'll choose a guiding question--it can be one that doesn't appear on this blog, or it can be one of these--and start an analytical chart. Complete at least one row (piece of evidence--handle and grapple--implications or questions raised). Do more if you can. Bring your row (or more) to class tomorrow.
But first, your guiding question or comment about someone else's:
22 comments:
Hey Everyone,
So I did my guiding question for "Cathedral". I used the whole idea about communion in my guiding question and came up with this question: How does the blind man create a sense of communion in the narrator's home?
I can't wait to read what others have come up.
Well, I have two guiding question...but I don't know if they are good or not.
How's religion depicted in the story, A Good Man is Hard to Find?
How does the grandmother show religion into the story when she was talking to the Misfit, or to anyone else?
Yeah...
Hey everyone!
My guiding question is for
The Country Husband:
Why does it take a near death experiance to open a person's eyes?
Hope you like it and I am looking forward to reading all of yours!
Thanks
Hi. My guiding question is for, "The Country Husband."
How far will people go in order to escape reality?
Hello,
I don't know if this is cheating but I am going to go ahead and repeat the guiding question I gave in class just in case anyone didn't get it or something. For Araby (sp?):
What aspects of th story draw attention to the protagonist's passion and anguish?
Also for the Country Husband my prompt is:
How much order can a person handle until they are overcome with rebellion and need for change?
Comments:
Ashlie, I really like your question for the Country Husband because I think it leaves a lot of evidence to be found throughout the story and would probably make a really good essay.
Kelsey, I like your prompt a lot as well because it looks deeper into the situation of the husband in "The Country Husband."
Have a good one..
Hey
Mine was about "A Good Man is Hard To Find"
How does the title "A Good Man is Hard To Find", relate to the content displayed in the story?
Basically meaning, what evidence is there that a good man is indeed hard to find.
Hey everyone,
So I just wanted to comment and say that I am really inrigued by Kelsey's promp and can't wait to see what journey this question will take your essay on.
Also Julia, you question is very interesting and I look forward to seeing how this will push in the direction you want, with this essay!
Thanks
My questions is pertaining to Cathedral.
I felt that many of the events happening in the book lead to communion.
"What circumstances can help form a sense of communion?"
I did my guided question for A Good Man Is Hard To Find
"What evidence points to the author's specific representation and symbolism of Roman Catholic beliefs?
hello all!!
My question is for Cathedral:
How is the contrast and relationship between judgment, ignorance, and acceptance demonstrated in the story?
I think everyone has very interesting prompts so far! GOOD LUCK!!!
how you all doing,
my guiding question refers to catherdral.At the begining of the meeting between the narrator and the blind man, neither feel comfortable or excepting with each other. After drugs and alchohol are injected into the story the enviornment becomes much more friendly, hense the word communion. So my question is
Without the influence of drugs would the communion that was formed at the end of the story ever have come about?
Hello,
I know I posted before but just in case anyone is having trouble coming up with a claim, I wrote a new one that's a combination of a few people's that I will probably use and it's open for anyone of course.
Does living a life of repetition and order eventually call for rebellion and change or does it take a life-threatening experience for change to happen?
Hey Everyone,
Like Julia I know I already posted, but as I was doing my chart I came up with a better or revised version of my first. So here it is: Is there a positive or negative sense of communion throughout the story, Cathedral? Ok I just wanted to put it out there in case anyone was in need of one. I hope it is okay.
for Araby, my guiding question is: What is the story's attitude toward infatuation?
Julia, I REALLY like the question you just posted! I'm not using it, but it was very well said!
Oh, just in case anyone wanted my group's Araby question, it was this:
To what extent will love/desire/infatuation affect a person's thought and actions?
Similar to Sarah's (beacuse she was in my group) but there it is in case you want it. :)
What is the connection of the cathedral and the man?
My question is in regards to "The Country Husband"
"Is one posses the ability to truly understand the depths of a situation they have not expierenced? "
An overall question that I have for each story that goes along with my guided question is:
"What is the power of words?"
hakuna matata.
Cathedral:
- How does someone's views toward someone else change over time?
Hello,
My question for Cathredals is pretty cliche but i felt like it has a lot of evidence to provide.
What aspects of the story change the narrators perspective on the blindman?
hi
I really liked Sarah's:
"What circumstances can help form a sense of communion?"
and feel it would help build a strong chart and essay.
my guided question for The Country Husband is:
"Did any change occur in the community, due to Francis's behavior after the plane crash?"
hi this is pall
My guiding question for the Country Husband is
"What does this story have to say about 'picture perfect ' suburban life?"
Also i think Kelsy has a good guiding question.
Bye
Post a Comment